FIVE/5 FIVE/5

Game-breaking glitch

There is a game breaking glitch in this game that has prevented me (and others, looking at the comments) from completing the game.

This happens with the fourteenth tile, when trying to get the key to unlock the fifteenth tile. After getting the key to the dead-end vertical passage, you unlock the upside-down Y shaped passage. Climbing to the top of the dead end passage using the ladders, jumping to the tile with the vertical drop, then quickly changing the dead end tile to the upside-down Y shaped tile and falling will leave the player stranded in a tile that it is not possible to get out of.

This game-breaking glitch can easily be fixed by installing ladders in the upside-down Y shaped tile. I would highly recommend doing so, since the game is not complete-able with this glitch.

I just wanted to alert you of this in case you weren't already aware. Besides this one flaw, the game was great and a fun experience. The music was especially fitting, and increased the intensity of the moment. All very terrific design choices.

Nyan cat Nyan cat

Fun, but impossibly difficult.

I knew a Nyan Cat game had to come out eventually, and you did a good job of capturing the whole idea and the fun spirit of Nyan Cat.

But, really, it kind of ruins it when you have 10 bones and 15 dogs on the screen within the first ten seconds of the game.

Music Quest Music Quest

Great job.

This is an amazing app for my favorite thing: music. I've been listening to it every day for a couple of weeks now and I feel compelled to write a review of it.

You did lots of things right from the start. Broad menus, sub-genres, "more from this artist", and compiling a very accurate list of songs for each genre.

I'd like to see one feature added though. A "remove all from this artist" feature. Sometimes there's a band and you like absolutely none of their songs, but you still have to either listen to or skip over their songs. I normally play full-screen games when I listen to this app, and having to exit out of the game just to change songs can get very annoying. I hope this improvement will make it in to Music Quest 2!

Pragaras Pragaras

Aw, hell, man.

I'm not normally one to review a game without going through all of it, but...

How the fuck do you get back into the water? I just can't do it. I checked the walkthrough and all it says is "Get back into the water." Thanks, guys, that was reaaal helpful of you to put that. I've tried pressing X everywhere and transforming and even using the "hand" option. Nothing works.

Improve gameplay or improve the walkthrough. It shouldn't be difficult to follow as simple of a command as "Get back into the water."

First Fantasy v1.1 First Fantasy v1.1

Holy shit, this game is amazing!

Holy shit, this game is amazing! This game has turned me into a liker of text-based RPG's. The story was good, and the length was also really good for a flash game! I see you pretty much reached the limit on the file size, there, though. XD

You are really talented at this. And whoever wrote all the text for this RPG must have been really dedicated. I bet they could make a book, too! I do have a few things I'd like to say, though.

- Battle system was kind of quirky. It made level grinding waaay too easy.
- Sometimes the black text on a dark background was hard to read.
- The constant change of music when battling was kind of annoying, because it was so easy to level grind!

So, keep those things in mind if you ever DO make a sequel. Anyway, this game was great. I played it to the very end. Probably wasn't the best use of an hour of my life, but I am satisfied with the whole experience! Keep up the good work!

bcdefg123 responds:

Thanks! I was the one who wrote the game, and I have indeed written a lot for fun during high school. Never a book though, and I don't intend to anytime soon. But you might wanna stick around for what I have in store, kihihi... -Brian

Megaman X RPG: Chapter 1 Megaman X RPG: Chapter 1

Great game

I love Megaman, and I love RPG's, so this was a perfect fit. (Hooray!)

Most of the gameplay was really smooth, and I liked the Final-Fantasy-like battle system. I was amazed at all the little details you put in, like the aggro percentage and the ability to attack your own people. It really allowed you to do what you wanted to do.

The story was great, it really made you think about this game more than just a random beat 'em up. It was nice to have a breath of fresh air from most of Newgrounds' games.

There were a few things this game was flawed in, though. When you are synthesizing battle-chips, sometimes A + B = A or A + B = B, instead of A + B = C. It also would've been nice to add some more enemies, and maybe a mode that could read your level, then match enemies to your level, whatever it is. It got really tedious getting up to level 19 from battling level 12-14 enemies.

And, with every good game, they have their fair share of glitches and mishaps. Here are the major ones that I noticed:

1) When talking to the guy in front of Aria's room, if you choose to exit the conversation, he'll just talk to you again. I figured out how to work through it, though. If you hold the Up-Arrow and let it do the rapid scroll, if you're lucky it'll land on the exit, and you'll be able to get out of it. I don't know if that's any help, though.

2) You can sell the odd key, but I don't know if that's intentional.

And the minor ones that I noticed:

1) If X, Zero, or Axl gets stunned, and you use an item to repair it, it sometimes won't work; I have also noticed that this happens to Axl more often than the others. If you try to use one again, nothing happens, either.

2) If you attack directly after an enemy kills one of your characters, then character that died won't become darker (you can still finish the battle, though).

3) The battle-chips that come pre-packaged with their respective owners aren't able to switch with the other characters. (I don't know if this was intentional.)

I hope when you finish all of these installments, you'll make a downloadable version. That way, you can replay any of the missions that you have done, and it would be convenient. And also: Damn, that secret boss is hard!

And you better not change the scripting again, or I'll be pissed.

Fear Unlimited Issue2 Fear Unlimited Issue2

Had potential...

...But got completely ruined in the makings.

All it really is, is a failed button mashing game, only playable for the achievements. Everything you'll be doing is mashing 'D' your entire life. You'll hardly ever want to use the ranged weapons because they're too weak and you'll be doing it for what seems like hours. Another minus is that you can't upgrade your ranged, which makes you use it even less.

Some of the enemies are completely over-powered.
You'll find yourself avoiding them completely just because A) If you hit them they will explode B) You can't kill them with melee and it will take forever to kill them with the uzi's or the shotgun. Even though I'm sure there are more enemy types, the difficulty of the first level ruined my wanting to play it.

The other things that you can do is double-jump into the heavens, then have no idea where to land, and get beaten on by two enemies over, and over, and over. Which brings up another thing, dying. You're going to be dying so much it'll become breathing, which is incredibly annoying since the death screen take so long to come up. You have a five hit health bar, and you'll only be hitting the easy enemies, as I've said previously, because you know that thy can go down without landing a single hit, won't explode, and won't be invincible to your primary attack.

Your health bar is incredibly small from the start. Five hits and you're down and out. Your health "upgrades" are too expensive and give you virtually no more health then you had before. Get two or three of those and you may last another hit or so. The health potions are so ridiculously over-priced you'd have to die three times before you have enough to buy one, and what do they get you? A few health bars worth, just two or three more hits and it's useless.

If you can't make the gameplay good and enjoyable, no one is going to play the game, and when nobody plays the game, you get bad review scores and harsh comments and PM's, saying how your game sucks. Now for the very few positives of the game.

The graphics were okay, but sort of choppy and unrealistic. Everything had a short movement that wasn't delayed, surprisingly. It was a good idea to upgrade weapons, but it didn't do much, and got very expensive, very quickly. It was fun, for a little while, but got boring really quickly. Different difficulties was nice, but all you're going to be able to do ANYTHING on, is mortal. Magic was sort of nice, but only applied to when you're in beast form and honestly, with all the energy blasts you're doing to keep from dying from the suicide bombers, you'll have no time for it, at all.

This game had potential, a few perks, but got way overpowered by the killing difficulty, lack of fun, and button mashing. I don't recommend this game to anyone, even Devil May Cry fans. It's a complete, poorly-made rip-off and kills itself for not having good, well, anything.

Lots of people find this review helpful!

GTFTN1 - Scanlines GTFTN1 - Scanlines

Nice and simple.

But it was really missing some things.

Animation was fairly good. Nothing was that eye catching, just some screenshots on a blank background. Animation = 7

The idea was great. Especially for a tutorial. It allows some info to newbs at photoshop who don't know how they could do this. Hence 'tutorial.' Idea = 9

The execution was mild. Just a some little frames thrown together with each other. But, this is expected of tutorials. Execution = 8

You could have added:
A short song for people who are doing this on photoshop step by step.
A 'back' button incase someone didn't get something and had to restart.
A 'skip intro' button for people who are impatient and not needing of an intro.
The 'replay' not go back to the VERY start, just when the tutorial starts.

But it was good quality and helpful. Good job!

Newgrounds Character Quiz Newgrounds Character Quiz

Good, but not the best.

I tried it and came up with Pico, which is kind of like me.

Animation was good. It had a whole lot of buttons and choices to choose from, which is MUCH better than a yes/no quiz. Animation = 8

The idea was also good. It gave something to the people to see what they could be like in real life. Idea = 8

The execution was good, but you could have done more things to make it better. But most of it was alright. Execution = 7

You could have added:
More songs instead of just one song and a mute button.
More questions, like MY favorite genre is classical, but that wasn't there.
A 'preview' button to see what you are looking like before the quiz is over.

But, all in all, it was fairly great.

Dress Our King! Dress Our King!

Great.

One of the top dress-ups of Strawberry Clock I have seen.

The animation was really smooth and carefully worked. Everything seemed to fit together nicely. Animation = 8

The idea was pretty good. It's not so original, though. But it was a nice addition to Clock Day. Idea = 7

The execution was amazing. The drawing of it all was awesome. The songs all came together to fit everyone's needs, and the outfits and such fit SBC well. The backgrounds were good, and so were all the shades of them. Execution = 9

The most you should probably work on is a more original idea, rather than just a sequel, for next year's Clock Day.

Review Request Club